Hidden Mould

Home Guide: Mould and Moisture

Hidden Mould

Hidden mould suspicion

It is possible for someone to be suspecting hidden mould due to the smell within the premises of a home building. You can perceive the mouldy smell, but cannot trace the source. It is also possible to suspect this owing to the fact that water damage has occurred and residents have been reporting health challenges. Mould can be hidden away in places like the back of wallpaper, panelling or dry wall, ceiling tile top side, carpet or pad underside, et al. Other places where it is possible for mould to be hidden include inside duct work, around pipes (with condensing or leaking pipes), inside walls, etc.

Hidden mould problem investigation

Investigating hidden mould problems might be challenging and will need caution where such investigation entails disturbing potential mould growth sites. For instance, wallpaper removal might lead into a tremendous spore release if mould growth is present on paper’s underside. If you suspect that your problem is hidden mould, then consider hiring the expert; Nimby Wildlife and Pest Control.

Cleanup plus biocides

A biocide is a substance that can annihilate living organisms. Making use of chemicals or biocides, which kill organisms like mould (for example chlorine bleach), isn’t recommended for routine use during mould cleanup. Although there might be instances where professional judgement can point to its use (for instance, when there are immune-compromised people present). In several cases, it might not be possible or even desirable for an area to be sterilized; then a mould spore background level will subsist – these spores won’t grow unless moisture problem hasn’t been resolved. Okay if you decide to use biocides or disinfectants, always ensure that the area is well-ventilated and vent the air indoors to the outside of your building. Never attempt mixing ammonia containing detergent or other cleaning agents/solutions with chlorine bleach as this could lead to the production of toxic fumes.

Be advised that in some individuals dead mould can still bring about allergic reactions. Therefore, killing the mould is just not sufficient, mould must be removed.